Sunday, December 03, 2006

New addiction: Pirates and Booty

Ok, I admit, I'm a sucker for this sort of thing. They got me back in the old days with Legend of the Five Rings, and now, I have to admit, I'm really starting to like the Pirates of the Coast game since picking up a few packs of their Pirates of the South China Sea edition.

I'm crack shaped like a pirate ship!

I'm not that keen on the fantasy editions that are currently coming out. It seems like we're about a year or two from jumping the shark, if we're not already there, but I have to say it's pretty sweet taking a fleet of Chinese Junks against, oh, just about everyone else.

Still, I'm also going to say that I'm getting sick of games that make me hunt and hunt for the pieces that I need, like, oh, the Dungeons & Dragons Miniature Games.

I'm not even going to go into how many boxes it took for me to finally get my weretiger figure to use for my module "Yer and The Tiger" based on the traditional Hmong folklore story.

Grrr! Grrr!
This creep cost me about $160 looking for him, and he's supposed to be 'uncommon.'

Yeah, right. Jerk.

Look, people, there WAS a time when you could play a game the way you wanted to with all the pieces you need right in the box. This hunt and buy approach gets really old after the first $100.

But hey, I'm ranting now.

No comments: