Thursday, April 03, 2008

2008 Association for Asian American Studies Annual Meeting



The official conference program is up and I'll be presenting and reading during two key sessions.

This year's theme is:
Where is the “Heart” of Asian America?
Troubling “American Identity and Exceptionalism in an Age of Globalization and Imperialism

My sessions are:

Session 9.4, "Poetry, Community, Activism: A Roundtable of Asian American Poetry in the Midwest." Thursday, April 17, 12:00-1:30 pm. in room CC 12 D. I'll be presenting with:

Chair: Timothy Yu, University of Toronto
Asian American Poetry in the Midwest: Past, Present, Future

Ray Hsu, University of Wisconsin-Madison
What Is Poetry’s Public? Asian American Poetry and Activism in the Midwest

I'm replacing Dorothy Wang of Williams College. She was going to present: Teaching Asian American Poetry in the Midwest. I'm still formulating my remarks.

Helene Achanzar, University of Iowa
Asian American Poetry and Community in Chicago

And on Friday:
17.10 Midwest Writers Showcase
10:15 AM - 11:45 AM CC 12 C
Readings by Midwest writers Susan T. Layug, Bryan Thao Worra, and Timothy Yu.


Hope to see you there!

No comments: