Sunday, November 02, 2014

In the Ukiah Daily Journal this weekend


A big thanks to Adam Randall, who has a nice interview with me at the Ukiah Daily Journal this week on my recent winning of the Elgin Award for Book of the Year from the Science Fiction Poetry Association. It's not everyday I see hard copy about my work where we have speculative poetry, the Lao secret war, an award-winning book, and adoption all covered in a few square inches. Neat.

Today I also ran into an interesting quote by Albert Camus that the purpose of a writer is to keep civilization from destroying itself. Which ties in nicely to a recent column I wrote regarding the necessity for Lao writers to take on the Laopocalypse in at least a few of their works.



On a side note, an astute reader asked if DEMONSTRA is mostly a poemoir of a Lao American, a half-Naga, or a Deep One. It's a good question. You can get a physical copy of DEMONSTRA here: http://www.innsmouthfreepress.com/blog/tb-books/demonstra

Thanks for all of your support, everybody!

No comments: