Monday, September 12, 2016

SFPA President Announced



This week, the Science Fiction Poetry Association has announced that I’ve been elected as the organization’s new president. Little Laos on the Prairie has asked me to speak a little about that.

Founded in 1978, every year the organization publishes several journals, hold contests and presents 3 major literary awards for writers. I myself was a recipient of the Elgin Award for Book of the Year in 2014. The Science Fiction Poetry Association also provides resources for poets seeking professional publication and networking opportunities.

I thank my predecessors at the SFPA including Bryan D. Dietrich and Sandra J. Lindow who served as the interim president of the organization until the elections could be held. I look forward to the next years ahead and encourage you all to visit us at www.sfpoetry.com or at our facebook page and other social media.

No comments: