Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Thanks, G-Fest!


A kaiju-sized thanks goes out to everyone who came to join me during G-Fest 26, the international Godzilla convention in Illinois this month, where I had the opportunity to present on kaiju in speculative poetry as the president of the Science Fiction and Fantasy Poetry Association. It was definitely worth the adventure to get there. I even met Godzilla himself, although he's much shorter in person than we're led to believe!

Everyone had a chance to compose some kaiju haikus to add to the fun of the weekend, and I think we made a great case for the future of poetry inspired by Godzilla, King Kong, and many other entities particular to the genre. I appreciate everyone who took the time to be a part of the conversation, and I look forward to upcoming years ahead where we can share new updates on this aspect of the field.

A special thanks goes to J.D. Lees for bringing us together year after year.

No comments: