Sunday, November 01, 2009

[NANOWRIMO] 2009. The year we make novels.

It’s November, so that means it’s National Novel Writing Month.

And this time, I’m really pushing myself to get one done in between promoting my new books BARROW and Tanon Sai Jai. By the way, be sure to check out the resources and support the folks at NANOWRIMO.ORG offer. A few years back they were also very generous in using proceeds to help build badly needed libraries in Laos.

But back to the basics and to encourage you too:
If you shoot for a 30,000 word novel, giving only 4 hours a day to the matter, it’s estimated to be about 40 words a minute for 30 days. Good discipline.

I think people can cut out 4 episodes of Everyone Loves Raymond and Friends for a month to get something like that done.

I don’t intend or desire to create War and Peace, but something readable, something that isn’t out there at the moment. I’m done with research. Now it’s time to write before all of the books within me start smooshing into one big, indescribable chaos, slithering along my cerebellum. This month, let’s make it a fantastic road trip novel. The kind we don’t get to see. Wish me luck! :)

No comments: