Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Online Interviews

I recently received a few requests from students asking if there are any interviews online where I talk about my work. Here are a few that might be good to start with.

One of the more recent interviews I did was with Land of a Gazillion Adoptees on June 29, 2011. 

Asianweek has a 2009 article about my work as a Laotian American poet, written just shortly after I received an NEA Fellowship in Literature. Hyphen Magazine also has a brief article on the news of my fellowship and why it meant so much to me and my community. Britt Aamodt wrote an article for MNArtists.Org called "Hard Rhymes"  that provides a good overview of some of the challenges

Altra Magazine did a brief interview with me in 2009. Catzie Vilayphonh did an interview with me for 2.1.5. Magazine in 2009.

2009 was also a year that I was interviewed for Tales of the Unanticipated that included a discussion of my work with speculative poetry. The link only includes an excerpt of the interview but it provides a start.

Over the years there have been other good interviews, but unfortunately many are harder to find. There was a 2008 interview in the now defunct Lao Roots Magazine by April Phomtavong, but that issue is very hard to find now, and it is not archived online. There were also interviews with the Saline Reporter and Boston Progress Radio that are also currently offline unfortunately. My advice for emerging writers would now include: Archive interviews when you can for your own personal collection.

In the meantime, if you have any questions, please feel free to write me and ask!

No comments: