Sunday, September 30, 2012

Thank you for a great H.P. Lovecraft Film Festival


A big thanks to everyone who came out during the H.P. Lovecraft Film Festival in Los Angeles, and I am especially thankful to everyone who enjoyed my poetry reading on Saturday. Your comments mean a lot to me.

For those of you are curious the four poems I read this year were:

"The Deep Ones," "New Myths of the Northern Land," and "What Kills A Man," from my first book, On The Other Side Of The Eye, from Sam's Dot Publishing in 2007. "The Deep Ones" can also be found in the anthology "Future Lovecraft."

An archived, early draft of On The Other Side Of The Eye can be found online at:
http://archive.org/details/OnTheOtherSideOfTheEye

I closed the set with "Lunacy," from my second book BARROW, from Sam's Dot Publishing in 2009.

These four poems covered what I feel were some of H.P. Lovecraft's more interesting themes in his horror writing during the early 20th century which have endured and captured the imagination of generations since.

I also express my thanks to the Innsmouth Free Press for getting me in touch with the organizers. I'll definitely be back next year.

I'll have pictures from the event posted soon!

No comments: