Monday, June 08, 2015

Machine Dreams Symposium this week!


This week I'll be reading at the Machine Dreams Symposium! I'll be reading with a host of other incredible luminaries on robots, arts and difference. The event was listed a one of the 21 Best Things to Do in LA this week.

We have over 700 people expected in attendance already. Our keynote is Minsoo Kang, professor of History at the University of Missouri, and author of "Sublime Dreams of Living Machines: The Automaton in the European Imagination."


I'll be doing a live reading of my Rhysling-nominated poem "The Robo Sutra" and I'm very excited to be seeing everyone. Many I met through Facebook first, so it will be something to see them in person.


My fellow readers on Thursday will include: Neil Aitken,  Kenji Liu,  Kima Jones,  Takeo Rivera,  Margaret Rhee, Miyoko Conely,  Chiwan Choi, Mark Marino,  Jilly Dreadful, Isaac Schankler, Saba Ravzi, and Pablo Lopez. Their eclectic bios can be spotted at: http://machinedreaming.wordpress.com

Meanwhile, I'm putting together some of the songs I'll be playing in the car on the way down, naturally:



No comments: