Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Yu Zhenhuan in "Love is in the Hair"

This one's for Barbara Jane and Oscar. ;)

Yu Zhenhuan, one-time rocker known as Hairboy is still looking for love. This month he was in Hunan going on blind dates with nurses according to Chinese news services. It's good to see he's gotten over his disappointment over not being cast for the Monkey King in a live-action movie last year. I always felt bad about his stalled music career.


I've always enjoyed following Yu Zhenhuan's adventures since first running into him in Science Digest back in 1981. In 2002, he was declared the world's hairiest man with hair covering 96% of his body.

He was a super-cute kid and it's awesome to see him trying so many different things on the artist's path. :)




Keep rocking on, Yu Zhenhuan!

1 comment:

eLf ideas said...

Since I chanced upon his information in 2002 when I had to write about cultural myths surrounding pregnancy and conception and had exampled him for hypertrichosis, I also had the interest in knowing updates about him. I'm glad that he turned out to be a very artistic person; making his condition an advantage to his personality and character.