Saturday, March 29, 2014

[Poem] Discussing Principles of Art with Laotians at Cha


As a nice way to close the month, my poem, "Discussing Principles of Art with Laotians" is now up at the Hong Kong-based literary journal Cha this week.

There's a lot of content in this issue including poems by Reid Mitchell, B.B.P. Hosmillo, Renée M. Schell, Edward Ragg, Mingjuan Tan, Reihana Robinson, Amy Uyematsu, Deborah Guzzi, Jenna Le, Ranu Uniyal, Suzanne Hermanoczki, and Eileen Chong.

There are many great pieces but in particular, I'll point out Schell's "Ghost Husband," Chong's "Cleansing Ritual," Uyematsu's "The Emptying Room," and "After the Fall" by Robinson as pieces my regular readers may find of special interest.

"Texting Nostalgic for Kathmandu" by Jyoti Omi Chowdhury is a photographic essay I particularly found haunting and evocative.

I'm also giving a big congratulations to Cha, which is celebrating their 6th year with this issue. I remember when I was first had a chance to submit a poem to them, "Zelkova Tree." That poem is still one of my favorite pieces. I applaud their enduring commitment to literature and fine art and wish them many more years of success in the future.


No comments: