Tuesday, August 30, 2016

The Official Making of Big Trouble in Little China hardcover


Coming in the first week of September is Tara Bennett & Paul Terry's The Official Making of Big Trouble in Little China book, priced around $34 with 176 pages, including never before seen photos, interviews and other materials. I'm excited for this book as the 30th anniversary celebration of Big Trouble in Little China continues, although I'm also a little worried about my expectations in the aftermath of Paul Sammon's classic Future Noir: The Making of Blade Runner, which, at 464 pages still sets the gold standard for me of what I want to see in a book discussing the production of these classic films of science fiction and fantasy from the 1980s. But as soon as it ships, I'll hopefully be able to give you all a more complete assessment of how well they've done with this much-needed book.

2 comments:

pesimisticoptimist said...

Just wondering if you have heard of anyone actually getting a copy of this? Still waiting on mine!

Bryan Thao Worra said...

Not yet, and haven't seen it in any of the bookstores around the L.A. area either, where you'd think someone would be stocking it...