Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Tom Wilson and Pop Art

Tom Wilson, who played Biff in Back to the Future has gone in a really interesting direction, artistically. As I look at a number of his paintings and art pieces that he's been sharing so far, I find myself thinking that I would greatly enjoy seeing a full show of his work. As he explains in the video, he grew up just as Pop Art was taking off, and then in many ways by the time he was done with the Back to the Future series, he'd become Pop Art himself.


I found his approach candid and engaging, with some intriguing moments of insight. Working withthe 30-year old material that figured so largely in who the public said he was "supposed" to "be" I think he is emerging with one of the more artistically interesting and challenging responses possible. I would applaud this. You can see more of his work at www.tomwilsonusa.com 

No comments: