Friday, December 11, 2015

New Poem, "This Island, New Laos" to appear in LONTAR in 2016


I'm happy to report that Lontar: The Journal of Southeast Asian Speculative Fiction has accepted my poem "This Island, New Laos" for their October, 2016 issue. A micro-epic poem involving the Lao of the far-flung future in the year 55,555 (Metal Tiger).

This particular poem will be very experimental in its form, but I'm excited for both the premise and the techniques involved with it. There are also plans to have an illustration by a Lao American artist to accompany it. I'll share more details with everyone as they emerge.

LONTAR is the world’s only biannual literary journal focusing on Southeast Asian speculative fiction. The journal was founded in 2012, in order to spread awareness of this literature to readers who might not normally be exposed to it, and to celebrate its existence and diversity within the region.

I was delighted to be one of the first poets featured in its premiere issue, and I'm also delighted to see that it has enjoyed support in the years since. In the meantime, be sure to check out their current issues, and keep imaginative!

No comments: