Monday, April 24, 2017

Why the Lao Imagination Mattered: A Brownbag conversation at UC Merced

Today, on Monday, April 24th I'm speaking at the University of California Merced for a brownbag discussion on Lao American science fiction, fantasy, and horror, and why it mattered so much to me for 26 years of my work as a writer to build and expand this tradition for our community. What it means to rebuild, to remember, to imagine.

I'll be reflecting on the resistance and pushback we faced (and in some cases, continue to face) but also the lessons we've learned on strengthening our communities and creating a sense of the possible. If you're in Merced, join me at noon at COB2 Room 290! This is my penultimate public discussion as part of the UC Merced Center for the Humanities Visiting Artist program.


No comments: