Monday, January 19, 2015

New poem to appear in Uncanny Magazine


In some good news to start the week, I've been informed that I successfully sold my poem "Slices of Failure In Super-Science" to Uncanny Magazine. It will appear later this year.

Uncanny Magazine is an online Science Fiction and Fantasy magazine featuring passionate SF/F fiction and poetry, gorgeous prose, provocative nonfiction, and a deep investment in the diverse SF/F culture. Each issue contains intricate, experimental stories and poems with verve and imagination that elicit strong emotions and challenge beliefs from writers from every conceivable background. Uncanny believes there’s still plenty of room in the genre for tales that make you feel.

I'm delighted because the magazine is co-edited by Hugo Award-winner Lynne M. Thomas and Hugo Award-nominee Michael Damian Thomas, who've really been exceptional about creating spaces where writers from diverse perspectives can share speculative literary work, even, *gasp!* poets!

"Slices of Failure in Super-Science" was inspired by many of the horror and science fiction classics I grew up with over the years, and I think many of my regular readers will enjoy it when it comes out.

I'll say with confidence that Uncanny Magazine now gets the distinction of picking up the first Lao American speculative poem of 2015. All the more significant because it's the 40th anniversary of the Lao Diaspora. I hope this also provides ample encouragement to other Lao American poets that there IS an interest in our work. Khop jai lai, all!


No comments: